3S-Smart Software Solutions is one of the leading software manufacturers in the automation industry. The company's main focus is the development and distribution of CODESYS, the well-known IEC 61131-3 development system for controller applications and CODESYS Control, the platform independent runtime system. But CODESYS is more than a standard development system. Integrated product extensions for motion control or visualisation, for example, have turned the tool into a complete automation suite. The close customer contact 3S-Smart Software Solutions has always cultivated is certainly one of the main guarantors for the user friendliness of the CODESYS products.
CODESYS - the leading IEC 61131-3 compliant IDE - fast and reliable creation of market-ready automation devices running on VxWorks from Wind River
Across the globe, hundreds of different device families are programmable with the IEC 61131-3 compliant CODESYS platform for industrial automation tasks - and many of these devices run on VxWorks. The CODESYS manufacturer, 3S-Smart Software Solutions, supports and maintains this operating system from Wind River as a standard system platform. Together, CODESYS and VxWorks provide several advantages to manufacturers of industrial automation devices:
- Reference implementations of the SoftPLC runtime system are available on selected platforms/architectures.
- A basic customization with fully-developed real-time behavior and very little jitter can be implemented in just a few hours.
- The runtime system takes advantage of the preemptive multitasking of the operating system.
- User tasks are created as operating system threats.
- Additional areas of use, either as a logical controller only, or with optional integrated motion control, CNC, robotics functionality, or visualization.
- VxWorks exploits the TCP/IP stack for fieldbus tasks.
- Numerous real-time Ethernet systems are supported, such as PROFINET and EtherNet/IP.
Titanium Cloud ecosystem
Introducing Wind River Titanium Cloud, the ecosystem of products around Wind River Titanium Server for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
Developing and maintaining a board support package (BSP) requires a dedicated embedded software staff with expertise on the hardware, the operating system, and optional software stacks.
Wind River Partner Program Brochure
The Wind River Partner Program provides a scalable platform for our partners to optimize, validate, and market compelling joint value propositions to our existing and growing base of customers.
A Crayon Simple Look at Wind River
A three-minute video describing in simple terms what Wind River is, the extraordinary things that we helps our customers do, and why now is a particularly exciting time to be here.